Dr. Edward Hobbs
Dr. Edward Hobbs earned his DDS degree from the Baylor University School of Dentistry. To further refine his skills, Dr. Hobbs then completed an additional three-year residency at the University of Southern California OSTROW School of Dentistry where he received intensive training in oral medicine and the treatment of facial pain and sleep disorders.
In 1974 Dr. Hobbs became President and CEO of DentaCare Dental Group in Longview, TX where he’s been serving our patients ever since. Dr. Hobbs really loves what he does and it shows in the enthusiasm and positive attitude he brings to work every day.
Dr. Hobbs has a special interest in sleep dentistry. He’s seen how providing our patients with the right care for their sleep apnea and snoring can dramatically impact their lives. That’s why he uses continuing education to remain up-to-date with the latest therapies and technological breakthroughs for treating sleep apnea.
Dr. Hobbs’ Professional Associations
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Sleep and Breathing Academy
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- The Texas Dental Association
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I look for when choosing a new dentist?
When searching for your new dentist, you should evaluate their qualifications, experience, and how comfortable you feel in their office. Dr. Hobbs has gone through extensive education and continues his training to stay current with the newest, safest dental practices.
Always make sure to find a dental team that makes each visit comfortable. We know that dental work is stressful to undergo at times, and that’s why we do everything we can to make sure your appointments are smooth and relaxing.
Are there any questions I should ask my new dentist?
When choosing a new dentist, there are a few questions that are important to ask, including:
- How long has the dentist been in practice?
- How long will it take to get an appointment?
- What kind of dental technology does the dentist utilize?
- Does the dental practice accept your dental insurance?
- Does the dentist take continuing education courses and stay up to date on the latest dental techniques?